You should seek help when:
- You have tried your best and you can not do it alone.
- You feel stuck, trapped or alone.
- Your situation is affecting your sleep, appetite, work, relationships and daily living.
- You do not feel enjoyment in the activities that once interested you.
Common reasons to seek assistance include:
- Adjustment Issues (marriage, pregnancy, birth of a child or loss of a loved one)
- Anxiety or Excessive Worry
- Difficulty with Decision Making
- Feelings of Hopelessness
- Feelings of Helplessness
- Improve Communication
- Improve Relationships
- Improve Negative Cognitions
- Improve Self-esteem
- Increase Personal & Professional Satisfaction
- Stress Reduction
- Feelings of loss due to death, divorce or abandonment.
Couples who may benefit from therapy include couples who:
- Feel they can not express themselves effectively
- Are planning pregnancy, currently expecting, or have recently had a baby.
- One partner is diagnosed with medical illness.
When you have a medical illness, the stress of illness can lower quality of life. When these important issues are treated appropriately you can manage your symptoms better and regain control over your situation.
- Acute Medical Illness
- Cardiovascular Disease (stroke, hypertension, heart disease)
- Chronic Medical Illness
- Chronic Pain
- Pulmonary Disease
- Neurological Disorders
- Psychosocial Oncology
- Women’s Health Issues across the lifespan
- Develop Effective Coping Skills
- Manage Healthy Lifestyle Changes
- Smoking Cessation
- Weight Management